PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows-Cosford TRA Infingements
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2007, 13:19
kar999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw it happen

The near miss with the microlight happened right above where I live on the outskirts of Pattingham. It was a flexwing microlight flying from the South West towards the North East. It was no where near nor coming from the Shifnal airfield.

I have my own ideas as to where it had come from and was going to as we regularly get microlights flying over us. If I draw a straight line from the 2 airfields I'm thinking of it works out right above us.

When I live is well with the 6 mile zone as the red arrows have flown above us every year they have been at Cosford.

I'm not sure exactly what height the Arrows were but I have a photo from our garden that shows a similar fly past of our property (without the microlight) a few minutes after the incident. On the near miss they were closer and lower than that picture. By the time I had run indoors to get my camera the microlight had disappeared over woods behind me. As a new member I dont appear to be able to post attachment here though. (I can send to another member to post if anyone wants to see it.)

The idiot was clearly struggling to maintain control of his plane aftewards as he was encountering turbulance.

It could have been very nasty and I fully support the decision to abandon their display.

Last edited by kar999; 14th Jun 2007 at 13:34.