PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Usage and Abusage
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2000, 21:14
AeroBoero

Angry

Flintstone;
Is "Aeroboro" me?

Let me put straight : English isn't even my second language...is my third. Although this is no excuse at all for bad writing/spelling/grammar , I try to do my best .If someone could see the problems I (and certainly many others) go trough to post something..... Sometimes I delete an entire post because I can't figure if two or three words are the way they are supposed to be. And some people may even take notice of how many times I have edited some of my messages. I even got a post deleted by an administrator another day because I managed to put some words in some way that were way out of hand and good education.(and I apologised for that)

capt waffoo ;
Despite (some) people "demanding" a perfect written language (English on this particularly case) , I can't agree at all on this. There are 18000+ registered members on pprune today....ask Danny how many are Brits / Yankees or Oz ones.....I'm sure that you'll find that you (English speaker national) are certainly the majority , but it still don't give you (or anyone of the spelling police) the right of jump on and degrade a fellow that is a non-English speaker.
Even in your own backyard the great percentage of the population don't speak/write correct English (that goes for Brits and Americans). Although the English language IS the easiest language to learn on earth today....your own fellows can't do that properly and yet you demand of us outsiders to stand up to your standards! Sincerely...give me a break would ya? English is so full of "slang's" today that is hard to tell what is right or wrong even for you sometimes....and again you demand that from us........
Then you have the "Internet factor". Many , as I , do post online and try to be as quickly as possible and avoid mistakes at the same time. That is almost impossible. Sorry for that.
I have a good idea for you. Go learn German or Dutch or Spanish....then after you felt confident enough to communicate , go to some BB that is on one of these languages and post something. With some luck you will be victim of the spelling police as I and many others are being targeted here on the pprune.
I could think of pages of arguments to show that it's not even close to fairness what you all (spelling police) are doing here.
But you know what? All of you that are unhappy with our presence (writing) , start sending e-mails to the administrators to have us blocked from accessing or posting on the Pprune if that will make your day more bright.......and for God sakes...don't ever leave your country again, unless it is for another English speaking country.And as long as I'm permitted to post here I will do so...and if that upsets you...well I don't care (anymore).
Have a nice day you all!

PS ; For the people I know that are English speaking natives...sorry.....this is not for you...but these fellows are really good at the art of upsetting someone......

------------------
Reporte través de XAREO

[This message has been edited by AeroBoero (edited 04 September 2000).]