PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Annoyed with other pax attitudes... Nimes to Luton & back again
Old 13th Jun 2007, 20:52
FirmamentFX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Annoyed with other pax attitudes... Nimes to Luton & back again

Hi guys,

Before I start my rant, I want to make it clear that I think I was just very unlucky on the 2 recent flights I took to be with some pax from hell... I also think that the Brits who visit the Nimes/Uzes area contain a higher percentage of arrogant to**ers than perhaps other areas...

Anyway, I was on Ryanair flights Nimes (LFTW) to Luton (EGGW) on Tuesday, and returning by the same route earlier today (despite being a Brit, I now live near Nimes)

Why do some passengers believe that the rules do not apply to them? This regards the size of hand luggage, baggage weight, not having the correct paperwork, getting up before the seat belt sign has been switched off etc etc.

I'm sorry, but I do NOT believe that you "always travel with this as hand luggage and it's not a problem" when you are trying to persuade the check in clerk to allow you to take a full size suitcase on board... I do not necessarily think that RYR's policy of charging high costs for checking in baggage is a good one, but them is the rules folks... That's how it is...

Also, people's attitudes towards cabin staff - just because they are mostly Eastern European and - yes - for some the English language has not yet been fully mastered, does not give you the right to treat them as 2nd class citizens

Finally, and this is in my mind the most disgusting, today's flight from Luton was packed, and among the last to board was a family with a downs child - no more than about 3. As it was packed there was no way they could all sit together, so dad went off to the back of the plane, and mum and child found a row near the front with 1 empty seat each side.

Despite asking VERY politely if it would be possible for the woman on the aisle to move to the other side - just for takeoff and landing - this woman was a complete ar*e and would NOT move. It eventually took most of the cabin crew to get her to move, and she did it with such bad grace, and made a comment under her breath about the child which I will not repeat here.

I just hate that passengers these days do not have any common courtesy or decency, and also that everyone seems to believe they are a "special case" and rules designed to make it pretty easy and fair for passengers should not therefore apply to them.

I don't agree with many of Ryanair's policies on charging or seating (especially now charging for Priority Boarding), but that's the way it is... If you don't like it get the TGV.

Cabin staff - I salute you for doing what in so many ways must be a thankless task, in which whatever you do is perceived to be wrong by somebody.

Ok rant over,

Martin