PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - florida or london
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2007, 13:10
maxdrypower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aha , interesting , the spin thing is obviously due to there being no requirement for it , however some schools although they don not teach it they do insist that it is demo'd RVR at liverpool for one .
Landings soft field short field and take offs soft field short field that would depend on your location of choice . I initially did my ppl at Brize Norton but they always took you elsewhere for circuits like welesbourne , not particularly long or hinton in the hedges , tiny. But some schools say for example at Barton , every take off and landing there is soft field short field regardless cos barton is small .
360 turns over a fixed spot , I did a lot of steep turns in my training and had to demo them as required by the syllabus , They are by definition going to be over the same spot otherwise they wouldnt be that steep methinks and S turns arent they just like clearing turns ??
Just being devils advocate here itsd my belief just do what suits pocket and ambitions at the time I know people who have trained all over some good some bad but there is no precursor that points to one location as being a bad training provider . I was taught by serving RAF pilots the raf way you might think that would lead me to being quite good , I wouldnt say that .I believe I had a good grounding but I still make all the same mistakes that the rest of us do .If you can pass a skills test and a club checkout then where you trained shouldnt matter , but again thats just my opinion