PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dispatching with destination bellow minima
Old 13th Jun 2007, 00:40
alatnariver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well maybe I didn't understand you and I am still not sure if I understand you know.

But in my opinion and for the company I am flying presently we have always to keep two (2) landing options and that's what I always do, well may be that there might one day be when I will have only one option left.

Take it like this, if you plan a flight according to JAR with the weather forecatsed for the destination aerodrome to be above the applicable operating minima at +- 1 hrs. ETA, you will plan with one destination alternate aerodrome. Makes two (2) possible landing options for me.

Now back to the original problem with the destination aerodrome to be forecasted below applicable operating minima at +-1 hrs. ETA. As per JAR you have to plan now using two destination alternate aerodromes, both of them must be above the alternate planning minima. You have two (2) possible landing options again, the two destination alternate aerodromes.

Also keep in mind that the alternate planning minima are more conservative than the planning minima for the destination aerodrome.

For sure **** can happen, but you can't put up a set of rules that will cover reallz all eventualities in live. The regulations have to be practible in everyday live. For the rest just use you common sense or set up you private line of defense. Maybe you are happy if one of the alternate aerodromes in case of destination aerodrome below planning minima, has two seperate runways, well that's fine use it, so there are in fact three (3) landing surfaces, at least at the planning stage of a flight. As said before request from dispatch an alternate or alternates you are happy with. That's still one option a commander has.