PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - rental in USA with existing validation
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2007, 12:55
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Er! AOPA HAVE told the membership there is a problem........ Thats where this comes from. Read the AOPA magazine and the website.

The AOPA Members Working Group represents the AOPA membership, we review what is happening that can effect our membership and highlight it.

AOPA UK and US feel there is an issue. I am not arguing for or against I am pointing out what is be circulated by AOPA to it's membership. They are issuing a warning that they do not think you are covered. AOPA US and UK are working on this together. AOPA UK is a franchise of the US and very active communication does occur.

I have made no "claims" I have referred to what is clearly in print. I have referred to discussions made available to the AOPA MWG.

You have read the policy and have issued your expert opinion on it. AOPA and the lawyers have read it and issued there opinion which is in print in the AOPA magazine. It is the choice of the reader who they chose to believe.

You are looking for a fight for a reason I am not quite sure on but I would suggest your energies are better directed elsewhere.

In the meantime I am happy to sit and await the outcome from AOPA.