PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NSL/NERL split
Thread: NSL/NERL split
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2007, 22:21
Ceannairceach
Disappointed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand what you mean BDiONU but I disagree with what you say earlier.

How much longer, or rather to what extent are we going to allow our working conditions and entitlements to be eroded in exchange for cheap financial bribes or management lies and empty promises?

Personally I wouldn't hesitate taking industrial action. I must add though - if I believed that I and my colleagues were being treated unfairly and that my job security and basic rights were being worn away to a point where all negotiation and diplomatic routes had been extinguished.

It's not something to be taken lightly.

I don't think standing up for our rights reflects poorly on us at all.

I think taking £500 management bribes whilst selling anyone who joins the company in the future down the creek without a certain rowing implement, or allowing the spectre of privatisation to darken our doors when we've always sworn en masse we wouldn't allow it - paints us in a poorer light. Definitely. No wonder we're tagged as being a selfish bunch.

Oh and I've been a union rep. Sadly, I became disillusioned rapidly with people using the union for their own personal gain and standing. A union should be for the staff - not for those who are supposed to represent their views.