PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 43 Air School for a Kenyan
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2007, 12:22
Lex44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Guess I'll have to answer my own question: Looked up the far East Forum on Malaysia. The schools seem to be congested so we might not see a reprieve of 'the kenyan pain' at 43 sooner than I thought.

If I may be allowed to carry on a discouse on the happenings here in. I have given this much thought and self reflex and the conclusions are mind boggling but I'll spare you that. First things first - where the is ugFlyer? (been meaning to ask that for eons). Was the gag indefinite? I admit I was exasperated when he got gagged. But it's been too long. A fellow aviator has been sidelined and no remorse seems to be shown by all of you. Me thinking since the gag occured in this forum it's only fair that I question it here.

The gag simply put off TomBola who felt his contribution would probably suffer the same fate. It may also be worth noting that posts not tolerated in this thread have been expressed in other threads with whiffs of blatant racism directed at certain individuals within what some would still like to call Rhodesia and far beyond.

While Simba's comments were simply an observation that he had the right to air, they were utterly dismissed and the chap was provoked by imitation of a 'language' to pass him off as 'uneducated in western ways' or uncivilised or high on weed or whatever (a stereotype that stinks of racism). Somebody who does not fit in the African Forum despite him being an African should be 'relegated' to the Spanish Forum. Wait a minute, he does not fit in there too, he might degrade it too. Mmhh... What to do? Probably he should cease participating in PPRuNe at all. I choose not to comment on the last post as I had no pleasure or disgust (if you choose) of reading it.

While this is an Aviation forum we must be wary of the fact that some aviators seem to be threatened by others' shade of view or skin if you like.
It's not easy to speak with people not reading your words, but simply reacting defensively when no attack has been made.
If I shout the loudest when someone is trying to put a point across I can choose not to HEAR. Lock myself in my fantasy world but once in a while step out to shout down those who question my belief of the world as I see it. It's a beautiful sight from the vantage point I occupy. Real smug. Huh!?
I say all this with the fear that this forum might be reduced to one shade of view and put off those whose contributions may be well meaning.