PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stolen Garmin 96
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2007, 09:36
capt.mofo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stolen Garmin 96 - $200 reward

I recently (18th April) left my portable garmin96 GPS in MVG at YSBK.
By the time I had realised what I had done it was a good 24 hours later.
The aircraft was crosshired to Proflite the following day and several flights were conducted in it. Somewhere during this day the unit left the aircraft....
(I have spoken with Proflite they claim they saw the unit but placed it in the back seat pocket.) Please I am not blaming Proflite at all nor am I accusing them of anything but this is were the my trail ended and I think it's fair to let people know this fact in order to help me track down the unit.

I am offering a $200 cash reward for info that helps me find the person who took the unit.
My unit had several of the buttons peeling off. It also had my mobile number appear on the screen when you turned the unit on.
The unit has been reported as stolen to Garmin so the aviation database can not be upgraded.
Serial number is 74301176.

If the person who took this unit, who has not done the right thing and returned it, thinking that i'm not going to try and track them down, think again. I have given you more than enough time! I am sure some struggling student/instructor would more be more than happy to make a quick two hundred dollars for an anonomous tip. If you would like to return it no questions asked, then please drop it into Pacific Flight services (aka Crane Air) or mail it to "PO Box CP20 Condell Park NSW 2200" they will make sure it gets back to the owner. Say you found it or something I dont care.
However if you would instead like to explain your actions to the police then please keep the unit and I am sure someone will see it or has seen you with it recently and would like the $200 cash.

Please send me any information to [email protected] or message me through PPRUNE.

Last edited by capt.mofo; 10th Jun 2007 at 12:43.