PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2007, 18:37
transwede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It appears that the plan for EK is to utilise the current checkin facilities in Mod 1, generally where charters now check in. Desks 42-49 seem favourite, considering the airport are relocating current charter ticket desk from that end of the building, against their wishes. For one, I hope the airport are not hacking off companies who provide a great number of passengers for example all the charter tour operators and expecting them to put up with less of a quality service, just because someone new and exciting is coming in. Every company must be treated with some equality, in order to keep all aspects of business at NCL.

I would of thought that EK placing themselves towards International Arrivals was not a good move, considering how crammed it gets around that area when 2 or 3 flights land together?!

Regarding current facilities, where are the charter flights going to checkin when EK are occupying numerous desks? The airport quite often is at breaking point, with not enough desks as it is. And with security queues stretching down the stairs, blocking exits and steps, not to mention the shear pandemonium it all entails - does this not raise health and safety issues, not to mention the need for expanded and increased facilities?

I am a great supporter of EK, it brings a new era to NCL and its route network, however I do think that are facilities are not adequate enough and other airlines/operators will suffer as a consequence. Just bear in mind that these operators have been with NCL a great number of years and provide the 'bread and butter' during the quiet periods?!