PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie Businessmen set to sue Etihad
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2007, 18:27
planecrazi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think other charges should have been used, and for the airline to find a good lawyer/legal council when putting the OMA together. (also help with rest periods etc..)

Maybe the charge should have been endangering the safety of the fellow passengers, which is open and enforce more serious penalites.

Let say this flight was out going to LHR, with the same problems/same people. The laws are different in UK and the outcome would be very different. Regardless of the destination, the same penalties should be applied anywhere in the world. Coming up with the lack of an alcohol license sounds most feeble and embarrassing. Lets say the next guys have a license: are they allowed to behave in such a way because they have the little black alcohol license book? Imagine that, passengers telling the Captain to go to hell, "I've got a an alcohol license, so don't try stop me now, bring me another beer". Unfortunately, this is what the result of the court case was. Pay you DHM200, get an alcohol license and make as much indecent trouble onboard and you can't be touched.

Land in Singapore I think from now on.