PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie Businessmen set to sue Etihad
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2007, 18:10
Sinbad1

Thumbs up Correct attitude

Well said and well put Mustapha. I couldn't agree more. I think a real overhaul of an attitude is required. I remember how some of the EY cabin crew used to quarrel with each other during the flight with regards to their seniority! Also I used to wonder how is it possible that some of these young ladies are able to get promoted to an IFS (In flight supervisor) or CM (cabin crew manager ) position with such a short time in the industry. (I bet I know your answer to that Mustapha!) Some of these young ladies need also a real lesson on manners. I remember the south east Asia sector on EY was always full and I'm not sure if this is still the case. I also remember on some occasions I stood with horror and shock to see the way of some of the EY cabin crew spoke to the pax going to and from the south east Asian sectors. Those poor people are valuable customers, have their dignity and feelings just like the rest of us regardless of there nationality, looks or social status. After all, courtesy and manners cost nothing. I wonder if these girls know that it is those customers that are paying there wages! Some of them are real arrogant Bit...ches and I would love nothing more than to throw them out before the flight. This profession is special and unique and the way some of them act are a disgrace to their profession.

On another point, I find it most astonishing that no one from the EY cabin crew management or the PR department has come forward to defend the cabin crew action or to at least explain as to why EY has taken such action against the three first class pax and to limit the damage caused by this incident. As MR rightly pointed out we are a unique service industry which relies on customers loyalty and good feedback to survive.

Happy and safe flying to all.