PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie Businessmen set to sue Etihad
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2007, 15:49
Mustapha Rex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Gentlemen,

The last few posts I think indicate that no one is supportingg the case for the passengers, but rihtly indicate that in EY's inability to manage this incident they have allowed for others to manage it much to their detriment.

Idiotic as it may seem the post above from EY girl is so indicative of the mindset of the EY crew and that this is allowed to dictate their actions on-board is a preview of the quality inflight policy making that prevails.

If and only if I dared to enter this thread with my humble comments it is to bring to light not only the implication that this incident will have on EY, but more important to raise everyone's awareness to a sensitive issue that needs addressing, and for which handling methods need adapting with a non partisan mindset but rather a service oriented approach.

It is clear that on this occasion and this is shown by the warm champagne served, the A/C not working properly on the aircraft (despite having one of the most advanced temp controls systems on the FAP) the crew could not care less, and if I were a passenger paying for this I would be rightly cheesed off and for the lack of respect of my patronage, I would treat the crew with contempt.

Again an inherent trait of GF legacy creeping into EY, that the management here needs to treat and consider carefully.

All and all, the passenger pays, and we provide a service, safe, efficient and in the case of first class personalised, as this incident has shown, we bordered on the first expectation but totally forgot the two others. When all the meddling stops, in how this airline is managed from the top and discipline not favouristism because you happen to be sleeping with Sheikhy baby, then certainly EY will be able to move forward and put this behind it, but until then, one can only hope and wait that such an incident does not repeat itself, and who knows it hasn't with a Pakistani or an Indian or an Arab who could be rotting in Jail as we speak without any recourse for justice...

EY needs to review it's complete "raison d'etre" and think seriously of its future in the aviation scene, for such gross mistakes will only help to discredit other airlines in the region and reflect poorly on the UAE.

Speaking of which, the USA or current european regulations that seem to be taken as adequate by some on this forum in regards to this issue, are in fact totally wrong and do not help to promote the service image of an airline, the same one that passengers look for when choosing their tickets. We need to think in fact on effecive handling methods, and not policing on-board, the first approach is about pleasant flying the second one scalable to the limit a passenger may wish to take the violence level to much to the inability of the crew to control them any further.

Happy flying