PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie Businessmen set to sue Etihad
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2007, 15:02
Sinbad1

Wink Lesson should be learned

dxbpilot
"It is never as simple as the media makes out".

I totally agree with you DXB PILOT that the media does take advantage of such situations and tries to sensationalise the news in whatever way they can. However, unfortunately this episode started on board the EY flight and in my opinion it should have been handled in a proper professional manner in accordance with air legislation instead of being blown out of proportion and the passengers being charged only with charges related to alcohol and being imprisoned for a month. Easy Jet and some other airlines have a black list for such misbehaved passengers.

Another point to consider is when air crew are faced with such situations they should keep in mind the effects of the depravation of oxygen at 39000ft along with alcohol consumption (especially warm Champaign) and the effects to the individual passenger, and the behaviour MIGHT be attributed to the combination of alcohol, altitude and medication. Some people cannot handle not even one glass of beer on the ground let alone drinking many glasses of alcohol in the air. The crew should have stopped serving the alcohol to these passengers as soon as they saw their behaviour deteriorating and getting out of hand. They should not have allowed this situation to escalate to the point where the captain had to be notified and intervene. (No I am NOT defending the behaviour of those passengers).

Another point I would like to mention, if I may, in defence of most of the good people on this website is when they appeared to be on the side of the three Aussies is that you have to have a professional and well trained staff to deal with this matter. Believe me my experience with EY cabin crew is that they are very nice and I do not hold their lack of experience against them, but when the Sh...it hits the fan you have to accept the consequences of an untrained crew which brings it back to the competency of the management. This is NOT EY bashing I assure you and I wish them all very well.

A thought for the day; How do you think the Aussi girls and boys on board (TAA or Australian Airlines, Ansett or QANTAS for that matter) handle the footy or the rugby teams on board? I can tell you with great skill. And this what most of us are talking about. Of course no one would like to see other people's family jewels in public. I sincerely hope that EY management should use this incident as template of how to handle such situations for their future training rather than treating it with arrogance "We are Right and you are wrong" or as one of EY idiotic cabin crew puts it F@ck this paxs, keep them in jail for what they did

Safe and happy flying to all