PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2007, 14:40
The Swinging Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TD
I think its a sign of the problem with the fleet and the service as a whole that there has been very little in the way of argumant or disagreement from those who have questioned the showing of the programme.

There was very little, if anything, in the way of sensationalism as some predicted, and several on here are even saying that the programme didn't go far enough, and I would agree with that. I would have prefered to have seen a little bit more 'force' used by the BBC.

As for the CAS, well he has clearly been left in an extremely difficult position, and his standing in the public and probably within the rank and file of the service looks extremely dodgy. You cannot come out with some of the things that he did, and sit back and do nothing about it. He should make a public statement now about what he intends to do regarding over-tasking, under-manning, under-funding blah!!

I also think that the lack of official comment from either the MOD or the government suggests they appreciate (at last!) that there are very serious problems, not only within the Nimrod fleet, but elsewhere in the RAF, and the other services also.

Clearly this cannot continue. It has to, and will end sooner or later. I only hope that no other families have to go through the same living hell as you and the others have. Keep up the fight TD, I do believe you might just be winning dear chap!

Best wishes to all
TSM