PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie Businessmen set to sue Etihad
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2007, 11:12
Sinbad1

Wink random drug test

dxbpilot
"How many people have been stopped in dubai for a random drug test when arriving? Its not a common occurance."

I do not know if you could read the local lingo or not, few months ago it was reported in the Itehad newspaper-local news as well as the Gulf News in English that an Asian man was arrested at DXB airport with prescribed drugs from his doctor in his possession and guess what, he - got 5 years in jail despite the letter from his doctor, yet when an American celebrity was caught with hard drugs in his possession he was given 6 months suspended sentence and deportation to avoid bad publicity. This is why I think the UAE has two type of justice, actually three, one for the local, one for the westerners (including the other nationalities that managed to get western nationality) and one for others (non-westerners whose nationalities have no influence with the powers in the UAE). If those 3 guys had been Indian or something like that, they would have been crucified and would never see the daylight for years to come.

On another point, I do resent some of the remarks made towards the Aussies in general, and I do not think it is wise to start Assies versus Pommy bastards bashing or whinging poms.

Since I can't be bothered repeating what we have ALL been saying, I think I will copy and paste from AirNoServicesAustralia who says
WE ARE NOT DEFENDING THESE CLOWNS

OUR POINT IS THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN CHARGEDFOR THEIR BEHAVIOUR NOT FOR DRINKING WITHOUT A LICENSE.

Safe and happy flying to all.