PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Take Off Flaps - 210
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2007, 08:35
FullyFlapped

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As the thread starter, I asked a simple question about peoples experiences using 20 degrees of flap for take off in a 210. I specifically said I didn't want to hear "read the POH", because I'm not stupid, and I have already done this.

I thought I'd ask in this forum because as I understand it, there are a lot of 210s down your way, and therefore presumably a lot of 210 pilots.

Well, I've got the usual bag of PPruNe answers, ranging from the almost-illiterate (and probably almost-concious) Multime, to the blokes who want to tell stories of beating up their mates whilst 6-up and loaded to the gunnels, and finally the wide selection of "wise men" who want to tell me that I should ... read the POH !!

If you read my post again, you'll notice that I say "The POH for a 210 suggests that 20 degrees of flap should only be used for "soft" surfaces, and that for rough or short field operations, 10 degrees should be used." Notice that it doesn't say "Use of 20 degree flaps will make your testicles explode". This does kind of suggest that using 20 flap is approved by the POH ....

I'm from the UK, and just about to move to a strip which spends quite a lot of time fairly soft. I've never used 20 flaps for take off in a 210, and this is why I ask the question. To those who have answered in the spirit of the question, thanks. To the rest, who have filled 4 pages with attacks on each other, sermons, and by proving they can't read the blo*dy question, thanks also, it's been b*gger all use to me, but entertaining!

FF