PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Liverpool runway incursion?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2007, 22:03
NigelOnDraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F3G
Fair enough, you know your business and I'm an amateur.
BTW, fyi I was pax on a flight last year where a narrow body jet airliner touched down/went around in CAVOK conditions, so its not impossible, even if unusual.
There is no issue with a "touch'n'go", whatever weather - there are numerous valid reasons. However, IMHO "awaiting landing clearance" is not one of them... "Late Landing Clearance" is a fine ATC call, but it will usually mean the runway is not clear (vacating / crossing traffic, runway inspection). This is not the time to try the 15' GA
To clarify the situation:
We got cleared to land after light aircraft vacating the RWY....which was not vacating on time (taxiways on repair and vacating at the end)
The G/A was initiated below "brake off height" and that's very common to touch the wheels during GA!!!
And just to clarify again there was no short run on the RWY! And if "G/A Trust" was set before touching down, so there where no spoilers!!!!!
If you were FC on that Flt, and you left a GA so late that you touched down, despite knowing traffic ahead had not confirmed vacated, or were, iaw with the procedures, visual with that traffic and content to land after with him on the runway, I am somewhat concerned...
IMHO, whilst a GA after selecting reverse is a no-no, accepting a "Land After" also = no GA option where a touchdown is / may be involved. IMHO of course