PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jaguar Farewell
Thread: Jaguar Farewell
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2007, 21:14
OC 6 Sqn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jaguar Farewell Update - AL2

6 Squadron disbanded on 31 May.

This was, of course, a day of mixed emotion; while it was a wrench to surrender our Standard, I was immensely proud of the Squadron’s performance. Look here if you’re interested.

We now have a clear run at the Jag Farewell weekend though and I write to update all those that plan to attend and encourage any ex-Jag Mates who have yet to contact us to attend what looks to be shaping up as an epic event.

As a reminder, we are having a ‘Fly-In’ on Fri 29 Jun leading into a monumental Happy Hour.

Sat 30 Jun will be an Open/Families Day and in the evening is the Jag Farewell Ball in the Officers’ Mess and a HAS Bash for the best troops in the RAF, and their guests.

We are looking at over 300 attending the Ball at the moment, with more cheques arriving every day, but we need to finalise numbers soon. Accommodation is proving to be tight in the local area, not least because our weekend coincides with Waddington’s International Airshow so I really would encourage you to avoid leaving it to the last minute. If you are struggling to find accommodation then contact the Squadron as we have tentatively negotiated some additional accommodation about 25 mins away.

Once again, I look forward to seeing you at an occasion that will, I assure you, do justice to a Force that epitomises ‘Excellence’!