PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie Businessmen set to sue Etihad
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2007, 17:49
Sinbad1

Wink Some facts are worth noting

saddlebrooks

"EY has as much control over the AUH police as BA has over the UK police".

With all due respect, you are either new to the region (not virgin from Mecca) or you are not aware of the culture in AUH. Just like AirNoServicesAustralia said EY owners own the police as well, it is true. Find out who Dr Sheikh Ahmad is???

As for the question Who charged them with consuming alcohol without a license? The police or EY? the question should be why are they charged with drinking alcohol with out a licence instead of threatening and endangering the safety of the aircraft????
I hope for your sake you do not have an accident where you are sitting at the traffic light minding your own business waiting for the traffic light to change and someone bangs into you. He gets hospitilised out of his own stupidity. Why? Because for as long as he is in hospital you are in jail and that is no joke I guarantee you (this is the law in the UAE), and I am speaking from experience. And if you do not have WASTA well you are in the Slammer until he comes out. Oh, did I mention that your family or wife will have no clue as to your whereabouts until only few days later??
I really do not want to bore you with all this human rights issues that we take for granted in the civilised world.

Happy and safe flying to all