PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Take Off Flaps - 210
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2007, 13:09
trolleydriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you guys serious

Someone asks a simple question about what people have learnt through experiance and now your lumping everyone with a slightly different idea into a showoff/look at me, basket..... people tend to forget the basics..... whislt i think building speed in ground effect is a good idea, the nose of the aircraft should only then be raised to the climb attitude (do you remember that from flight school) Attitude+power = performance And before all you airline pilots jump down my throat... I seem to remember a jet crashing at night after its static vents were blocked by tape???? the only thing the crew really needed to do (and yes hindsite is a wonderful thing) was set climb power and raise the nose to the climb attitude (the still had an AH) and then figger out what the hell to do.... but by following all the books and procedures for stick shackers etc, they flew it into the sea to prevent it stalling, it would never have stalled if they had just done what they had learnt while flying a c152... when i was instructing if my student couldn't do a full circuit with out an ASI/altimeter i wouldn't let them fly solo.... power vs attitude !!!! All aircraft fly the same ever since the wright bothers, just the POH keeps getting bigger to cover someone elses arse! rant over