PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which school?
Thread: Which school?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2007, 22:36
Lancedutton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

After having just finished my CPL and IR at BCFT in Bournemouth I would strongly NOT recommend Cabair.

Most of their students are so unhappy as they fly very rarley - they take forever to complete any course which is why thay are mostly at my school finishing their courses or trying to join my school but cannot as they are 'tied' in, the managment are apawling. We chat to them frequently at the Curley Pub whilst drowning their sorrows.

I did my ATPL subjects at Oxford where the teachers are great and the rest of the school sucks. Much like Cabair. Go somewhere smaller, cheaper and more personal. The small schools have students going to all the usual Airlines that the BIG schools claim to have a monopoly on.

Exeter apparantly produces fabulous pilots are so does CTC according to a CAA examiner I spoke to.

Take a few days and drive to the schools and chat to them and their students and try and get the feel for the place. Search the threads here with the schools name and see how much flak they have attracted.

There is no one correct decision. Make yours the right one. I hope this helps you.