PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Cadets - Contract info - (Please dont merge with 'Ryanair' Thread)
Old 2nd Jun 2007, 09:03
Enjoy the view

Fancy Navigator
I would think it is acceptable if you get decent pay beyond line check. That is why I'm inquiring about the Brookfield contract.

Line training is.....training. Why not consider type rating, base training and line training as part of the studies, until you become fully qualified as a FO?

I'm sure the grass is greener with other companies, but do they offer you the opportunity to join them as a low hour cadet? Do you have any example?

A lot of low hour pilots (freshly qualified up to MCC level) invest almost the same amount in a type rating + base training, just to get 'typed' but without the job offer lined up at the end of it. Sometimes line training is extra but still without a job offer. Once the time is up (100+ hours or so); the training contract is over and it's time then to start applying again. (Look at bond solutions, twinnair, hubair, sfa, and others....)

I don't know what's better....at least RYR offers 'something' beyond line training.

Again, can someone explain the T&C's of the Brookfield contract?

BTW: I'm not debating the Ryanair system here, the hiring market makes the rules by itself. Take it or leave it really is up to anyone's decision.