PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NSL/NERL split
Thread: NSL/NERL split
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2007, 10:30
anotherthing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hootin and a roarin -
In NSL, unless you work in London, we get a pretty poor pay deal in comparison anyway
you are talking rubbish I am afraid.

Yes, the banding may be unfair, however the yearly negotiated pay deal you get is the same across the board at the moment. 3% increase is a 3% increase (insert whatever percentage is applicable).

What I am saying is if you want to start having separate votes now you are effectively setting up vastly different Ts and Cs (again, put aside banding for the moment). Therefore if you have a separate pay deal for NSL and NERL, who do you think is going to fare better? I will give you a clue... it won't be the loss making airports!

I would have thought that a 3% (for example) pay rise for someone on a band 1 or band 2 scale, would be better than a 2% (for example) pay rise for them... I will admit, I am not a maths graduate, but it's pretty simple!

Do you really think that setting up NSL as a wholly stand alone business is going to result in you getting higher pay?

Mr Jones -

NERL and NSL may well go separate ways in the future, but does that really suit you as an airport worker? I doubt it very much with regards to pay and pension etc, but if you and your ilk want to make life easier for Barron in his 'divide and conquer' strategy, keep pushing for separate votes.

I for one would rather see us sticking together a slong as is humanely possible for the benefit of NATS (as an employee - not a management lackey), and as an individual