PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Make Cathay the place to stay
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2007, 01:16
The Kook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bla Bla Bla Bla!

Its not as bad as they say.

Training/checking: No they do not hold your hand and you are expected to show up prepared. Do your homework and you will be fine. After all, there is a certain expectation of a professional. Reference "The Line" as well.

CRM: If I have 1 year experience at CX, and the captain has 20 at CX, they I will probably listen to what he says. Unless of course he is hell bent on causing trouble, then I will intervene. If you need a hug after a tough flight, then mabey you should apply elsewhere.

The Line: 10% of every group is intolerable wankers! Be it 20 or 2000! Period! Cathay is no exception, nor is any other airline, nor is any other anything!

Do things need to change?

Every airline has thier "culture", CX is no exception. It is what it is. I would not come here with the attitude of "things need to change". With that said, yes, some things could change for the better, but I am not counting on it. It is manageable.

Bottom Line: I still look foreword to going to work. I get plenty of time off and the pay is good. Don't let the negativity of this forum get to you!