PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Australian Airlines
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2007, 23:33
EAAFA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crashaxe and qfdash8, I agree with you both to a point about the trainers' positions but I disagree with some of your statements.
Most of the compaints among Melbourne crew are not about who got the positions, but the fact that the selection process comes down to a single interview. What I've heard most people say is that staff should be here long enough (as mouse78 said, at least 2 years) to prove themselves before they become eligible to apply for a trainer's position.
Personally, I don't agree because this ignores an applicant's previous professional experience. Aviation experience isn't the be all and end all.
Everyone has a right to an opinion. What bothers me is that so many people get worked up about issues (and this isn't the only one), but when asked whether they've discussed their concerns with management, the answer is always "no". If you've got a problem with the way things are done, take it to management.

PS The staff morale is only low if you let office politics get to you ( something I'm trying hard to stay out of. It isn't always easy).

Last edited by EAAFA; 31st May 2007 at 23:38. Reason: PS