PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2007, 16:31
call100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Feeling a bit disgruntled Call100. Panicking in case your jobs next to be contracted out. Slagging off the opposition won't help. It's money that counts. When the Airports sold you can start slagging off the buyer. Not that it'll do much godd like everyone your a small cog in a big wheel
One thing I will never do is panic about my job being contracted out. Who exactly is the opposition that I'm supposed to be slagging off? Small cogs are the most important components. So proud to be one. The rest of your post makes no sense. Do you work in Diamond House???

Not true, call100. Most of the DH 'slackers' are part of the same staff group (negotiated staff). You are talking about Middle Managers and BRG, not all of whom live in DH. What you've failed to mention is that this staff group still have the opportunity to pick up £500 over the next 5 months depending on sickness absence - a one off scheme offered because the bonus pool was not created.

I have difficulty with the accuracy of the targets set and the business planning, but I do applaud BHX management for the above. If a bonus pool is not generated, they don't have to offer anything else but have done so in the last two years.
You know very well who I am talking about. The negotiated staff in Diamond house suffer the same problems as the rest of us. You are right the Middle Managers and BRG don't All live in Diamond house, but, they spend most of their time there.
I didn't mention the Absence incentive scheme being introduced for the five months of this summer because it is not part of the Bonus year I was talking about. For that period there is nothing, whether you had any abscences or contributed fully. I suggest before you jump on me you realise where these payments fall in the scheme of things.
So no, I don't applaud them for the scheme they have introduced.