PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Regional routes to BACE at Manchester
Old 29th Jun 2001, 13:00
MrUppity

Chubbs

I fully agree with your suggestion, but also feel that it is very unlikely to happen. Putting BACE on BAR terms and conditions would solve the problem, with some additional cost in terms of flight crew and cabin crew, but cancelling these out would be the large savings in required management and administration costs, as well as keeping training (conversion) costs and relocation costs down.
Of course, the passengers would still be subjected to small aircraft, and as southern softly said more will choose to go to LPL to travel on larger airliners.

I apologise if my reference to third level operators was taken to be derogatory, it was merely meant that the operators who will fly the routes will not be major airlines or even operators of boeing/airbus size jets, not a reflection in any way on the operating standards of these airlines.

I would say to those who seem keen to leap in to the lower paid positions that will be created by this closure that they should consider the future. Many presumably are only using BACE as a stepping stone, and as these jobs on BA terms amd conditions disappear it may be themselves who find that they are stuck at the BACE level.