PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Make Cathay the place to stay
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2007, 14:59
Ashling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm constantly amazed at the negative tone of so much that is written about Cathay, it was always an airline that was on my top 1 or 2 to join.

As an outsider I obviously cannot comment on the validity or otherwise of what is writtenbut I do have friends who work for Cathay and their comments are mixed.

By the way of encouragement Ezy was not seen as a good place to be as little as 18 months ago. While it is still far from perfect much has changed. Strong, effective union representation coupled with a change in management attitudes (new CEO ) has now made the company a decent outfit to work for. While not everyone may agree with this you can witness the distinct change of tone of what has been written on this forum over the last 2 years.

So things can change for the better. Every situation is unique but stong representation and unity among the pilots is crucial. If it reach's a tipping point were enough crews leave and the companies ability to train crews and operate its current fleet, let alone expand, is threatened (as happened at Ezy) then management will take note. If they don't feel vulnerable nothing will change.

Good luck, I realise much is different in HK re unions etc, you may need it.