PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Make Cathay the place to stay
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2007, 14:37
BarBQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow. Thanks for the post gentlemen.

I don't think that I've missed it completely. I have acknowledged that the problems exists at CX. I just want to know why are we wasting so much of our energy writing endless and I do mean endless complaints on this post while not actually moving towards a solution. I know management reads what is posted here so I am a least hoping that they see that. Often the people that complain aren't necessarily those that hate the company but those that care very much for the company and are trying to get the attention of management. I agree that a change now or soon is not possible. The dynamics however are changing. We will eventually have a changing of the guard. If the senior pilots/instructors have said that the quality of life at CX has deteriorated since they started many years ago have we then resigned to the fact that this process can eventually be reversed?

Did not mean to offend you FCUX. I do apologize. In retorspect it did sound pious on my part to make that statement.

Some change can be made that can show steps toward improving the pilots quality of life. Bidding for your roster for instance. Southwest airline pilots and flight attendants all rave about how easy it is to bid/trade and arrange their schedule even with very short notice. Ok. I'm dreaming. It will never happen here at CX and we should just give up hoping that management actually cares. But I offer here one suggestion. Anyone else up for positive suggestions that could maybe get the attention of management. Yes, yes... I know HKALPA has already tried. Don't give up.
Well. I guess its back to business as usual then unless changes are made either planned or unplanned.

TTFN.