PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Regional routes to BACE at Manchester
Old 29th Jun 2001, 02:30
Amazon man

Mr Uppity,

Whether you like it or not Brymon/British Regional ie BA CitiExpress is part of British Airways now and although I may have misinterpreted your posting if I haven't then I for one would take great offence to being described as an employee of a third level airline.

I can assure you that we fly to as high a standard as BA mainline if not higher and please lets not forget that it was BA that approached British Regional originally regarding the franchise and then again in relation to their purchase of us.

We may fly small aircraft but the simple facts are that they make money lots of it, and as a result we have been consistently profitable. These small aircraft build thin routes which are then grown to a point when they can support larger aircraft as evidenced in the recent return to BA Regional of the Manchester Milan route.

I am very sorry to hear that some BA crews will be forced to change base and uproot their families if this becomes the case, but it happens all the time within many other airlines and at least they will get to keep their jobs.