PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - help atpl please ...need info
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2007, 07:05
Whirlygig

Hovering AND talking

Location: Propping up bars in the Lands of D H Lawrence and Bishop Bonner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think passing the ATPL subjects just using the Bristol database is insane, and dangerous.
And also impossible! In order to sit the ATPL exams, you have to be entered through an authorised ground school to whom you pay your money and with whom you have mandatory classroom instruction. Whilst nobody will ever know whether a student has opened their study files and only used the question bank, classroom course is compulsory.

However, I would thik it would take longer to memorise the question bank than the read and inwardly digest the study manuals and obtain some instrinsic understanding of the subject.

Weis, I don't think those posts were directed at you but the thread originator. As for doing the ATPLs in a year whilest working full-time? Do you have support at home? Partner? parent? If you spent all your spare time studying (and I mean all), you might do them within 12 months but it would probably be the hardest thing you could ever do! If you haven't got anyone to help at home, then it would be tricky!

Cheers

Whirls