PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Make Cathay the place to stay
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2007, 00:56
BarBQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Make Cathay the place to stay

Make CX a place you'd be happy to stay.
I've read both positive and negative things about CX.

Gentlemen, the question I have about all the negativity is why are there no efforts being taken to address this training/checks and hostile atmosphere at Cathay? Regardless of any past or present friction between management and the pilot group what can and should be done before this issue becomes cancerous for Cathay? I am concerned because as pilots at CX you fly one of the best aircrafts in world and face it none of you got furloughed during the SARS outbreak or 911 attacks.

Can and should the training atmosphere and line checks improve at CX? Certainly! Are there efforts to truly promote CRM in the cockpit. It doesn't impress me that a captain can know how many rivets there are on a 747 but sets a tone in the cockpit that has me wanting the trip to end asap.

Management cannot continue to ignore the state of dissatisfaction among the pilot ranks even if it is a minority. Negativity unfortunately spreads faster than positivity. It doesn' take much to get more people dissatisfied with a company if that's where the focus of discusion is like on this post and in the bars.

I must agree that if one no longer enjoys working at CX then efforts should be made to move on or else try to at least enjoy the fact that one gets to fly the nicest aircraft in the world and travel and get paid doing it.

This post acts as a filter for the hiring gurus at CX. It scares so many prospective applicants that usually only those really interested to work at CX or are still curious about working here go ahead with the interview process. Let me encourage all the CX wannabes to never let what you read here determin your desire and passion to be a professional aviator at Cathay. Most of what really determines your quality of life and your outlook in life has to come from you and your peace with God. Give CX a try if you get offered the job. If you got the job be thankful and bear with the unpleasantries as much as you enjoy putting on that uniform and flying that sleek aircraft.

Management please address this issue. Pilots make it a place YOU are proud to be a part of.