PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yelling Captains Need To Go!
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2007, 14:05
LongJohnThomas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunate Garbage

When i read the posts of some pilots, it becomes increasingly obvious that some of us were either not trained well or at all.
Regardless of circumstance in training, with the exception of an emergency situation, IT IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE for a training captain to yell at a student!!!!!! Period! It shows a complete lack of basic instructional technique, C.R.M., abuse of office and total ignorance with regards safety.
Students react differently to individual instructors; some improve under pressure and some break up under the same conditions. Yelling is so 1950's, it makes me sick to think pilots still exist that would create excuses for this sort of 'BAD BEHAVIOR'!!!
Safety-wise, the training captain in question, is an accident waiting to happen! If a first officer really doesn't give a toss as to consequences of his actions, that flight was already an accident.
We all have our opinions, but; i don't think that to get a man to fly an airplane; shouting, yelling, abusive language, are requirements to be a trainer.
As far as i am concerned, it shows a lack of a good up-bringing, lousy manners, and purely bad taste!
These are certainly not the qualities we saw of the pilots before us; that spurred the rest of us to actually have an interest in becoming pilots.