PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZ Future Hiring
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2007, 13:17
MajorYaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

Good thread here, despite the massive radio noise encountered over France. Hopefully it's been squelched out. "Joe Le Taxi" ws about the best French radio ever got IMO.

As someone about to push back and start out on the training it's good to hear that EZY seems to be pretty well thought of. Thanks for continuing to post on here despite someone acting like a twerp.

Do many EZY pilots on here work from East Midlands or Liverpool? How do they find it? Are either of these locations available to cadets when joining?

Disregarding the fact that I've got at least a year and more like 18 months until I start talking to airlines about joining, what have pilot's experiences been when it comes to getting their desired base when they join EZY?

Currently my girlfriend is based in Worcester and shall be for the next three to five years as she is director of a charity and is driving its medium term turnaround. When I return wearing epaulettes I'll be coming home to her to recommence building our life together. As we're both from the Northwest we are contemplating going back there when we decide to attempt to generate rug rats (been practising for a long time, but something's not working...) but that won't be for probably 4 - 5 years, biological urges notwithstanding.

If any EZY people could give me the benefit of their midlands/scousepool experience I'd be grateful.

Also, is there any career impact within EZY as a result of base choice i.e. can people based in London expect faster progression than those elsewhere, or is that irrelevant?

Also, I know that this might sound like a ridiculous question, but how do EZY crews find getting to their bases? By that I mean do the roster patterns mean that traffic's always fine and parking at the base is no problem, or do people find that they have to add siginifcant time on to the start and end of a shift getting to/from work? In your experience, would the shift patterns make riding a motorbike to work a no no in case of fatigue on the ride home?

Thanks in advance ladies and gents.

P.S. I apologise in advance if he comes back and says "Hey, I'm not French, but I know I am right because I don't know I know nothing!! !"