PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singapore sets first A380 pay rates
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2007, 23:28
SR71

Mach 3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gengis,

I disagree. That's where you "gain" all that "hard earned" experience before moving on to something larger that flies longer.... Those there already have this "hard earned" experience you refer to, and are hence paid accordingly for it
You're entitled to disagree....

Your argument is really a defence of seniority.

Thats fine.

But I don't know anyone who has moved onto a longhaul fleet because they thought their life would be harder if they did?

More days off, better quality of life, nicer destinations, better hotels, Cat 3B a/c, Triple GPS, EVS, HUD....

These are the things I hear justifying the converse argument advanced in favour of those exciting 12hr overnight sectors.

We all know that LHS occupants would like everyday CAVOK with 5 kts on the nose and a Cat 3 ILS to help us out...

Its the "inexperienced" (in your book) guys and gals flying "sheds" into non-precision airfields, 6 times a day, moving a lot more passengers (per day) than a 744 pilot who get my vote for the "most deserving of their money" accolade.

After all, if they're simultaneously inexperienced and still pulling it off, all the more credit to them!

But thats just me....

Parabellum,

Well said Gengis, going from a lovely tropical day in Durban to a bitter cold day in Anchorage within the same week requires concentration.
What?????

More so than flying into Anchorage on a bitter cold day everyday four times a day?

The radiation at FL450 has got to you mate!