PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly FTE Scheme
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2007, 14:33
AJMcC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ppl_student - I wish I could be spending my time preparing for the interview, but unfortunately I've got my finals to be concentrating on. Chances are I will probably end up with less time to prepare for the interview than you lot have had, so don't feel like you've missed out on any preparation time.

Denise told me that they were inviting 13 people to interview for 12 places, and two of us couldn't make it on those original dates. So having interviewed 11 people, I thought they'd be in a position to fill up the July course at least. And also, she told me that the number of places was very flexible - she could not guarantee that I would get an interview at all because they may decide not to take on 12 people. This gave me the impression that places would have been allocated before I even got to meet them (putting me at a distinct disadvantage). She also said it would be very difficult for me to get on the July course because of the lack of time, meaning that everyone who was going on the July course would have to be informed before me.

yoda1, yup I do know my exam dates. I told Denise at Tfly when my exams would be the first time she phoned to offer me the Phase 4 interview. She has since phoned back to offer me another date, but that was on the same day as my penultimate exam. She said the problem is finding a time when the interviewer is going to be off-roster, so I'm just waiting to hear back from her as to possible dates.
Just to let you know, I have my last major exam on the 1st, and a small exam on the 4th (so I could potentially go to interview straight after that).

Once again, I do realise the difficulty that this is causing you. But it really is out of my hands. I've told Denise when I'm available, so it's just a waiting game now. If I haven't heard anything by Wednesday, I'll phone up and see what the situation is.

And also, sorry if this post sounds snippy - sincerity is difficult to convey by means of smileys!!
Good luck with the stage 4, yoda