PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 5
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2007, 20:50
bmibaby.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have any of you considered using the public transport links the airport offers? I've used the airline shuttle for years, going back to when the service was the 757, and there has been huge improvements thanks to airport funding such as new buses, better frequencies and extended hours. It saves a lot of cost and drops you right outside the terminal building. I've heard the airport is increasing their funding for public transport again this year, we've already seen the launch of the hourly skylink leicester which is apparently doing well, and more is to be expected.

Menzies seem to be going from strength to strength since they've got the easyJet contract, with only a few delays attributable to the company. I'm rarely in the departure lounge except to go to our crew room, so have no idea how they're handling check in or boarding, but they're really ramping up their presence.

With regards to the comment that Scandinavia is a market that baby should have been in, add to that almost any city that other airlines are launching from EMA. baby had the potential to be an upper crust version of Ryanair, flying to major cities on at least a daily basis, offering assigned seats and diamond club benefits. Whilst it's still possible, other airlines are really running rings around baby, with the massive tech aircraft delays not helping.