PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why do pilots keep paying for Endorsements?
Old 25th May 2007, 15:09
pakeha-boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote j3 pipercub......"I would like to give the airlines a go, but it is not essential for my Happiness in Life"
..................always lovely to hear the non-major airline types tell us what our industry is like

Remoak...sound advice and simply the realty of the situation,...it is what it is ....you would be correct on the tranfers of types.....the 319/320/321 types I have found are all transferable.....have been offered more ****ty jobs than I can shake a stick at.....but as you pointed out...I wont go hungry

H1 ...yeah mate,new type ratings within my company,they pay for.....gives you a 2 year freeze on that equipment .....am I paying for that type??? maybe...depends on how you look at it I reckon.....one thing for sure...all airlines want some kind of retainer.

Weve had many blokes get the type,(s) and simply leave before the 2 years.....without any costs...if youve got a better job lined up,then you have done well,not good professional or moral practice... ..but word travels fast .......

As many have pointed out...the industry has changed,and so have the ethics....many will love to tell you up front that they did the "right" thing....but if the truth be known,it wasnt even close......