PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polar Air Cargo to get four 747-400F's!
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2007, 15:00
WhaleFR8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C. SUCCESSORSHIP.
1. This Agreement shall be binding upon any successor of the Company, including, without limitation, any merged company or companies, assignee, purchaser, transferee, administrator, receiver, executor, and/or trustee of the Company, unless and until changed in accordance with the provisions of the Railway Labor Act. For purposes of this paragraph, a successor shall be defined as an entity which acquires all or substantially all of the assets or equity of the Company through a single transaction or multi-step related transactions that close within a twelve (12) month period.
This has already been done. Altas purchased Polar many years ago, and has abided by your CBA (which is now amendable) since then. I wouldn't hang my hat on this particular paragraph. I can assure you that AAWW is not going to put a contract such as the DHL deal in jeopardy for a handful of pilots - especially not when they have an arbitrated merged seniority list that complies with the Polar CBA and ALPA merger policy, even if it doesn't jell with Robin's idea of how things should have gone.

I doubt there is a court in the land that would not agree that AAWW has been more than fair with the Polar group. Now it is time to put your big girl panties on and move forward.

....Or, you could win another battle, lose the war, lose your job, and go to court in a dozen years or so. Isn't it time to finish this merger and get on with making some real money?