PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL Cross-Country Qualifying Flight
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2007, 08:48
2close

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brakes on, big fella,

It's not my question, therefore, it's not my place to do the search.

You will read from my use of words that I made use of phrases such as 'I think' and 'I would have thought'. That clearly implied that these are my opinions and not statements of hard fact. I would have thought that the closing sentence "The people to ask are the CAA" would have given a clue as to my advice.

However, I stand by my guns and since you point out that the CAA has released a notice (which I haven't seen and have been unable to find on the CAA website so would be very grateful for a link or document name even) I would point out the following, for which I will use your statement that "There was a notice sent round to all UK CAA schools stating that the CPL Qualifying trip must be completed over one day."

The definition of 'day' is a period of 24 hours and has no reference to date:

"The 24-hour period during which the earth completes one rotation on its axis"

It is not a SI Unit but is accepted as such, the actual SI unit being the second.

The ANO does not contain any alternative definition, therefore, any trip that begins and ends within the same period of 24 hours, regardless of whether it is overnight or not would meet the requirements that the trip has been conducted within 'one day'.

I would argue that point black and blue with the CAA and in the absence of production of any LEGAL document showing otherwise I cannot see how they could fail to accept it.

Thanks for bringing this point up - I've found it a handy learning tool.

2close