PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polar Air Cargo to get four 747-400F's!
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2007, 03:25
mercpc9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Whale Rider is talking about the recent grievance filed by the Polar MEC Chairman Bobb Henderson making another attempt to get A/C and crews back via the grievance process. I can't remember which of the previous grievance arbitrations (Holden or Harris) that involved attempting similar that didn't get the A/C back but got the crews back pay until they are furloughed properly. The latter happening when the alliance flying stops and Polar gets an Atlas -200 to furlough off the remaining unnecessary Polar crews collecting checks while sitting at home. This is coming soon and is probably what prompted this new grievance to get what he didn't get in the other arbitration award.

I think the premise on the new grievance is on the post strike "back to work agreement" that I believe both management and the Polar MEC violated. Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black scenario. Curious how this will turn out. Maybe it is another way to attempt dragging out the Atlas/Polar merger also.

mercpc9