PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2007, 21:50
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More long haul at BHX is a sure fine idea but doesn't that rely on the runway extension that has been talked about since the 70's as well as major improvements to T1 and the Int Pier - realistically even if all that work started tomorrow it would be at least a year before the effects of any new long haul services were felt. As far as i'm aware (please correct if wrong) BHX is still a long way from starting the runway extension. In any case, exactly how much demand is there for a more long haul flights from BHX?? I know that EK and AI are doing OK and more flights are needed to the US, but where else? I would be very happy to think that BHX are planning 'big' for the long term but whilst doing so they are missing whats happening here and now - and thats falling pax figures, a static long haul network, a seemingly contracting short haul network and an increasingly better choice of routes at other airports located not a million miles away. And if FR are that much hassle then why do airports go so out their way to get them in............