PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2007, 20:02
Flying Torquewrench

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sonnendec,

Thank for your reply. And my apologies if i, in my other posts, came across as having no respect for the controllers. Thats was not my intention as it wouldn't help our discussion at all.

I do understand that you speak to more pilots than we speak to controllers. But unfortunately the story in my previous post is not an exeption. As John Boeman confirms. You personally might not give any preferential treatment to spanish aircraft but other controllers do. And it can be very frustrating. Because we want to arrive on time at our destination also.

As an example read post #21 on page 2. Also written by me.
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthr...=276611&page=2

But one thing i would like to say to you about the Spanish language on the radio. Please believe me it does reduce our situational awareness. And you end up trying to figure out what other traffic is doing by looking at the TCAS display. And TCAS is not designed for that purpose.

As said earlier on this thread. The proficiency in English of the Spanish controllers on this thread is well above average. But the controllers who could do with a brush up course in English probably don't post in this thread.

All the best,

FT