PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CC Career Progression into QF Short Haul - News?
Old 24th May 2007, 04:50
QF skywalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

MrSeatback2,
Hello my friend ! Further to your 'splitting hairs' comment. You might like to know that you are indeed correct.
From what I have read of our EOI packs at AO, it seems our length of service for Long Service Leave and our current annual leave entitlements will carry on into QF S/H. But, as specified by QF, our staff travel DOJ will be reset which I don't think was the case when Impulse/QFLINK become JQ ?
Let's also remember regarding the career progression talk that when the Southern crew were merged into QF there was no career progression activated elsewhere. This of course was a similar situation to AO where a QF subsidiary was closed down and the crew were given alternate employment in short haul.
One last thing, whilst I accept that MAM crew want permanent employment. It was made clear in the recruitment process that no permament employment would eventuate from being hired as a MAM casual. I therefore maintain my strong belief that career progression from the regionals and JQ should be the highest priority of QF. Having sat on the career progession list myself for sometime I can tell you it's a long wait - especially when you're working on a prop with no APU and earning half the pay of a casual !

Last edited by QF skywalker; 24th May 2007 at 04:52. Reason: spelling error