PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Property v Flight Training (Calculated Risk?)
Old 23rd May 2007, 23:48
AlphaMale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys I'll like to thank you for your comments - they have been a great help!

The NetJets scheme is currently open to new applications - http://www.oxfordaviation.net/netjets/nj_info.htm
How did I miss this?!? ... Sounds like a really good opportunity with a great company (from what I have read).

I guess everyone is different but why the rush?? 30yrs old doen't appear to be too late based on most commentary on here.
I don't think it's a case of rushing to get the pilot job so I can fly for the next 30+ years but if I can apply at 30 it'll give me a better chance than if I am 45 that's all. I'd also like to be happy with my career before making big decisions like starting a family for example.

I think I will put in an offer for the apartment and if I fail to get in with NetJets then I'll simply do the PPL for now and enjoy my GA flying then release some equity in the flat to fund my professional training in 2/3 years time and rent the apartment while I carry out my CPL/IR/MCC training.

That way if my training doesn't lead me to a pilot job I will already be on the property ladder.

Thanks again guys - no silly posts and great advice from different angles.

Andy.