PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2007, 17:17
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sterling

Thanks for the info OltonPete, load factors better than I thought. I also guess that with SK being in the Star Alliance, frequent flyer points, connections etc are much better than with Sterling who I assume are a traditional point to point loco - this will I guess keep SK safe at BHX. Shame their ARN flight didn't last, mind you I never saw it advertised!!

As for EI anybody got any further news on their plans for a UK base - do their plans involve BHX?? And what about routes lost after the demise of BACON - I haven't seen or heard anything positive about MAD, LYS or TXL coming back. At this rate BHX will have very few serious Euro connections to offer!!!

Read on another forum that Globespan are looking at significant expansion at BHX - personally am still not sure about the validity of this rumour, I can't see why they would bother going against WW and ZB who are both so well established on the routes Globespan are supposedly going for. Now if they were looking to base a 757 and offer Orlando and Boston, now that certainly would be worth it (and pigs might fly.........)

PS Are EK operating the 777-300 this summer if so when from?? Sorry for all the questions!!