PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NJE Suspend Another Captain
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2007, 13:12
Kent BeTrue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inciter,

I think as Austrian71 says, you misunderstand me.

The Captain should accept one hundred per cent responsible for the operation of the aircraft and for the operation of the crew. S/He is a manger, possibly being paid 30-40% more than other crew members, although not in this case, and as such must accept responsibility for crew and their actions. However, s/he cannot be held responsible for errors made outside of his / her control.

If the Captain has to assume responsibility for every action on or outside the aircraft, then we are going back to the days where the Captain does everything and the rhs sits there and shuts up. Not ideal.

Interestingly in fact in your next post you support me directly contradicting your response.

"After an incident though in front of the review board the captain has to present his case and at the end accept full responsibility.
The board will then review all facts and decide whether the commander was directly responsible or not."

So does the Captain take FULL responsibility or not?

As for the comment:
"If taking the money and blaming others is your idea of leadership you are in the wrong business my friend."

Never done it, never will, so I will assume that just comes from your handle.

Take care and fly safe

Last edited by Kent BeTrue; 23rd May 2007 at 13:14. Reason: Wording