PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CC Career Progression into QF Short Haul - News?
Old 23rd May 2007, 11:38
Mr Seatback 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting...

Is it not the case that progression is triggered by the creation of new permanent, full time crew into Short Haul?? As opposed to the term initial trainees? Using that logic, MAM crew becoming permanent wouldn't trigger progression either, as their conversion wouldn't include the need for any training, as they're already trained to initial standard.

The set up of the Cairns base using ex-AO crew is based on the creation of NEW permanent full time jobs (as well as in a base) that didn't exist before. In my book, this should trigger progression irrespective of whether or not they are already QF group, as they are taking up slots of permanent, full time crew, external from Qantas itself.

The AO crew's start dates, etc. only reflect the day they join Short Haul...so technically, aren't they NEW, permanent full-time employees to the Short Haul division? Given that QF won't recognise years of service for redundancy, etc., it would seem they're picking and choosing what aspects of their employement is considered new vs. what isn't.

Me thinks someone's conveniently splitting hairs to suit themselves - to the detriment of us all

Fingers firmly crossed everyone gets to move around and progress where they deserve to go! If I keep them crossed any harder, there's a distinct risk I might develop a blood clot or two...
(mind if I borrow your crutch Maj? )