PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No AOC for Skyairworld, delay for Solomon Airlines
Old 23rd May 2007, 07:52
ringbinder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ringbinder,
Some pretty harsh words against the Embraer. Particularly regarding a cabin that you've never flown in! Having flown and flown in both, I can tell you that the Embraer has the far more pleasant cabin. No middle seat, double bubble fuse for increased space at shoulder width, I'll take it any day thanks. Not sure where SAW get the 78 seats from though as I've only experienced 76 seat configuration. An extra two just doesn't make sense.

Phlaps 40

OK, I concede the point about extra shoulder width after the flight on Sunday, however it must be at the expense of the overhead locker size. A regulatory sized (international) carry-on bag finds it a bit of a squeeze unlike on the Spanish 737. Service much better than with the Spaniards (not hard to achieve) and I wasn't one of the passengers who had their checked-in bags (15 or so) left behind - and the flight wasn't exactly choc-a-bloc. What was the problem, lack of luggage space or lack of payload as the Embraer website suggested? If this is what regular travellers can expect then they will look to alternatives like OUR Airline (what sort of a name is that??) which also operates there. Big problem possibly is a lack of frequency which Solomon Airlines has all over them so they probably aren't really much of a threat.